Certified AIN Certification
If we break down the term of Certified AIN we can see the certified refers to holding a certificate, generally a Certificate III in Health Services Assistance.
The AIN stands for assistant in nursing or sometimes called a nursing assistant in the shortest form. In the United States the term they use is a CNA or Certified Nursing Assistant.
The definition of a Certified AIN can best be described as:-
“An Assistant in Nursing is an employee appointed to that classification which covers work, under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse, by an employee who is required to assist in the performance of nursing duties“.
A certified AIN can work in a number of health areas such as a hospital or nursing home providing assistance to health professional staff with the care of clients. The assistant in nursing staff will have direct patient contact under the supervision of registered or enrolled nurses.
Career Path For A Certified AIN
A certified AIN assistant in nursing qualification is often looked upon as a stepping stone into the health services being that of an enrolled nurse as the second step.
Training to become a certified AIN will include the following modules of learning:-
- Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- Use basic medical terminology
- Recognise healthy body systems in a health care context
- Maintain high standard of client service
- Prepare and maintain beds
- Transport clients
- Support the care of clients
- Assist with client movement
- Respond effectively to difficult or challenging behaviour
- Apply first aid
- Communicate and work effectively in health
- Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
- Work effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- Comply with infection control policies and procedures
- Participate in OHS processes
Training to become a certified AIN can be done through TAFE Colleges, online correspondence courses, in house hospital and nursing homes or dedicated health care service providers.
Courses can range in cost from $400.00 to $1200.00. Often subsidies can be applied to course content cost such as recognised prior learning and subsidy from Centrelink or job service agencies.
Free assistant in nursing training can be sourced locally from your local nursing home who might have such a program in place. Just approach your local nursing home and ask if they have such a program.
Certified AIN staff are in high demand and it is often that you will find this is the case as nursing homes prefer nothing better then to train staff in their methods and practices.
You must log in to post a comment.